Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Stuff Freaky Dreams Are Made Of

Have you ever had a dream so vivid, so remarkably familiar, so memorable that you swear that if you see it occur in real life, you’d be completely convinced that The Matrix really exists?

I had one last night, and believe me, it’s freakishly familiar.

I dreamt I was watching the 6th season of Bravo’s Project Runway. (Although, barring any more restraining orders and court orders, it will move to Lifetime for the said season; as well as head to Los Angeles from Parson’s in New York.) Well, not a complete episode. I just saw the runway show and the Q&A that follows after.

First, the runway looks exactly like the runway of seasons past. It’s still black, with a white sheet at the back that shows the silhouette of whoever’s behind it. The only difference is the Project Runway logo has been moved to the back of where the contestants are seated. (To the right of the TV screen.) There’s also the words “Los Angeles” below the PR logo. I don’t know why it’s there though.

There were only five people in the “show.” An unrecognizable judge that didn’t look like Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, or Heidi Klum; and Miley Cyrus (I’m guessing she’s the guest judge).

The remaining three were the models: The Jonas Brothers. They took quite a while modeling—they did fountains, one-after-the-others, moved all the way back, and then settled in the center for the Q&A. I said to myself, “Oh, cool, it’s a menswear challenge again.” But what’s so weird is that what the brothers were wearing looked exactly like the stuff they wore on a regular basis. (Those boys dress well—whoever their stylist is should get a raise.)

One Jonas, I don’t know the name, had to ask an assistant (I only saw a hand) to remove one very thick, very chunky scarf from his neck; because he came down on the runway with two. (In LA? Really?)

Then the Q&A. The judge was asking Miley what she thought of one of the Jonas’s ensemble. She said, “it’s not my thing.” I wondered out loud if Project Runway is now a stylist’s, not designer’s, competition.

Before I knew it, one Jonas was crying, then Miley was crying while saying undecipherable words, then before you know it, the other two guys were crying too. The judge was the only one who wasn’t welling up. I said, “Oh, come on!”

This was the time I woke up.

No comments: