Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Street Fighter IV: The Live Blog




2:31 PM: Came back from GameStop with my copy of the collector's edition. Ready to play!
2:37 PM: Playing Challenge Mode. It's very much like SFEX's Expert Mode, except it's slower and you can't jump to the harder challenges immediately.
2:38 PM: Dan's pose is elaborate!
2:39 PM: Took me a while to do a crouching heavy punch two-in-one to a Shoryuken. Rusty!
2:42 PM: Gotta really learn how to do focus attacks!
2:45 PM: Enough Challenge Mode. Time to play Arcade Mode!
2:46 PM: Chose Ryu. Neat, they have an anime intro about the Blece Project. Now that's what I'm talking about.
2:47 PM: Eat my Metsu Hadouken, Zangief.
2:48 PM: Ooooh, Ken. How fun.
2:50 PM: Metsu...Hadoukeeeeen!
2:56 PM: Man, I'm rusty. I just lost to Abel on medium-hard difficulty.
3:03 PM: Okay, forget about what I said in a previous post about the announcer being "ok." He gets really annoying after a while. Meh.
3:08 PM: Ryu's American voice actor sounds so much like Arthas from Warcraft. Listen to him say "The answer lies in the heart of battle."'
3:26 PM: Apologies for the delay. I was practicing my focus attacks. Man, I really like this.
3:33 PM: Don't use your super combo meter for super combos. They're weak. Save them for EX attacks or Focus Cancels.
3:46 PM: Thank goodness you can change the language. Some characters sound silly in their English voices.
3:50 PM: Hey, it's Yun and Yang! I'm starting a game as Chun-Li.
3:54 PM: Character-specific win quotes. Neat. I didn't notice that before.
4:15 PM: My rival is C. Viper. Not surprising. She's the only other female in the original SFIV cast.
4:18 PM: There are even character-specific battle-cries. Chun-Li says something before she attacks with her Housenka against C. Viper.
4:21 PM: Warning, system overload...it's almost like the Jean-Claude Van Damme Street Fighter Movie. But instead of M. Bison, it's Seth.
4:33 PM: Have to master Ryu's signature juggle–crouch medium kick, Shoryuken, Focus Cancel, dash forward, and Metsu Hadouken. It's really tough—maybe I should've bought the arcade stick. But I can't afford that yet. Oh well.
4:34 PM: Okay, time to head out. Will play the game with friends over pizza and beer. Tootles!

1 comment:

Timmy said...

my kungfu beats your knungfu

bring the game (and console) when you come visit this year haha