Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm a sucker for freebies, but this one just pissed me off.

I got this in the mail today. I know, I'm getting myself ready to get bombarded with shitty spam mail.Enthused, but not really excited (supposed "free" gifts usually follow a gift-with-purchase scheme), I opened the envelope.

Lo and behold, I got this. And I couldn't be more in-fucking-sulted at how crappy this free gift is. People, I get magazine subscriptions, electric razors, cookies, body washes, pretty much things that I have good, measurable use for on a regular basis. And you fucking give me this handy pocket calendar? What the fuck?

I think I've never hated a freebie in my life until I got this. Pissed off, I tore off the entire mail and ran it in the shredder. Yes, including this handy, wallet-size calendar that's their FREE gift to me.

After it, though, I felt a whole lot better.

4 comments:

Timmy said...

best freebie?

banks giving sweet leather yearly planners.

everything else is slightly suspect.

Myron said...

Well, I'm not a big fan of planners / organizers (that's why I never could understand why people go crazy over Starbuck's) so the best freebie for me are magazine subscriptions. You know, just to feed my need of reading something.

Timmy said...

nah starbucks planners arent that good

these banks actually put effort and good material in some of their items

free wallpaper subscription

that would be something

will reply to your email in a bit

Myron said...

I think the only reason people should get the Starbucks planners (and actually spend close to 4 grand in coffee) is for the discounts and free upgrades on future coffee purchases.

Beyond this, it's just another fancifully designed planner, with plain materials. (Not leather, like what banks would do.)

But they've stopped doing that last year right?